4 Week Intro to Hand Building : Monday Morning
Monday 10.30am - 12.30pm
21st November till 12th December // Please note that you will return in Jan/Feb to glaze your creations to allow maximum making time in this course.
Teacher - Daisy Cooper
This course is perfect for beginners or those who would like to expand their knowledge in hand building and clay. A wonderful introduction to the medium of clay and the perfect way to unwind in a creative, nurturing setting.
Across our short 4 week course you will learn all the fundamentals of hand building with clay, from clay preparation, pinching and slab building to decorating
You will then return in 2023 and glaze your final pieces.
Under the guidance of Daisy you will feel free to explore multiple ways of making and learn how to create mugs, tableware, vases and more.
In this relaxed course we allow you to guide your own practice with our 8yrs+ of knowledge at hand at anytime.
The final session will allow you to learn about firing & glazing techniques and explore our in house glaze collection to put the finishing touch of your creations.
What you will learn :
- Week 1 - Intro to hand building / Clay preparation / Pinch Pots & coiling
- Week 2 - Slab Building
- Week 3 - Free time to explore a project
- Week 4 - Free time to explore a project
- Week 5 in 2023 - Choose a date to come and glaze your work.
- All materials, tools, glazes and firing
- Bisque firing included
- Glaze firing - 5kg included, extra kgs charged at $8p/kg
What to bring:
- Apron, tea towel or small towel and your creative imagination
Please note that we need a minimum of 4 people to run our courses, if we don't meet the minimum bookings we will either refund your ticket or transfer you to the next available date.
Terms & Conditions of booking please see our FAQs