Tuesday Evening : Hand Building
Tuesday 6.30 - 8.30pm
Six Week Dates: February 6th - March 19th (no class on March 12th)
Four Week Dates: February 20th - March 19th (no class on March 12th)
Teacher: Adele Jade
This course is guided by the skill level of the participants - adapted for beginners and those who would like to expand their knowledge in hand building and clay. A wonderful course to learn more about the medium of clay and the perfect way to unwind in a creative, nurturing setting.
Across our 6 week course you will learn all the fundamentals of hand building with clay, from clay preparation, pinching, coiling and slab building to decorating and glazing your final pieces. If you have your fundamentals down, then this course will allow you to explore different hand built shapes and increase your confidence in your creating different objects with the support of Adele's extensive experience.
Under the guidance of Adele you will feel free to explore multiple ways of making and learn how to create mugs, tableware, vases and more.
In this relaxed course we allow you to guide your own practice with our 8yrs+ of knowledge at hand at anytime.
The final session will allow you to learn about firing and glazing techniques and explore our in house glaze collection to put the finishing touch of your creations.
What you will learn :
- Week 1 - Intro to hand building / Clay preparation / Pinch Pots
- Week 2 - Coiling & Larger forms
- Week 3 - Slab Building
- Week 4 - Decoration Techniques / Exploration of personal project
- Week 5 - Exploration of personal project/glazing
- Week 6 - Glazing
- Clay, tools, glazes and firing
- Bisque firing included
- Glaze firing - 5kg included, extra kgs charged at $8p/kg
What to bring:
- Clothes you don't mind getting messy in
- Your creative imagination!
- Short nails are your friends when hand building
Please note that we need a minimum of 4 people to run our courses, if we don't meet the minimum bookings we will either refund your ticket or transfer you to the next available date.
Terms & Conditions of booking please see our FAQs