Monday Morning : Hand Building
Sale Sold out
Regular price $570.00 AUD
Regular priceUnit price per
Term 2 is now underway!
Please email for availability & pricing if you would like to join us for a late start.
Book Now For Term 3 Course Dates:
10th July - 28th August
Monday Morning 10.30-12.30PM
Teacher - Daisy CooperThis course is perfect for beginners or those who would like to expand their knowledge in hand building and clay. A wonderful introduction to the medium of clay and the perfect way to unwind in a creative, nurturing setting.
Across our 8 week course you will learn all the fundamentals of hand building with clay, from clay preparation, pinching and slab building to decorating and glazing your final pieces.
Under the guidance of Daisy Cooper you will feel free to explore multiple ways of making and learn how to create mugs, tableware, vases and more.
In this relaxed course we allow you to guide your own practice with our 8yrs+ of knowledge at hand at anytime.
The final session will allow you to learn about firing & glazing techniques and explore our in house glaze collection to put the finishing touch of your creations.
What you will learn :
- Week 1 - Intro to hand building / Clay preparation / Pinch Pots
- Week 2 - Coiling & Larger forms
- Week 3 - Slab Building
- Week 4 - Decoration Techniques / Exploration of personal project
- Week 5 - Exploration of personal project
- Week 6 - Exploration of personal project
- Week 7 - Exploration of personal project / glazing
- Week 8 - Glazing
- All materials, tools, glazes and firing
- Bisque firing included
- Glaze firing - 5kg included, extra kgs charged at $8p/kg
What to bring:
- Apron, tea towel or small towel
- your creative imagination
Please note that we need a minimum of 5 people to run our courses, if we don't meet the minimum bookings we will either refund your ticket or transfer you to the next available date.
Terms & Conditions of booking please see our FAQs