Monday Morning : Wheel Throwing
Book Now For Term 4 & our final term of the year:
Sept 4th - 9th October
6 week Course
Teacher -Jessie Pittard
This course is perfect for beginners or those who would like to expand their knowledge in wheel throwing and clay. A wonderful introduction to the medium of clay and the perfect way to unwind in a creative, nurturing setting.
Across our 6 week course you will learn all the fundamentals of wheel throwing with clay, from clay preparation, centering and pulling up to decorating and glazing your final pieces.
Under the guidance of Jessie Pittard you will feel free to explore multiple ways of making and learn how to create mugs, bowls, vases and more.
In this relaxed course we allow you to guide your own practice with our 8yrs+ of knowledge at hand at anytime.
The final session will allow you to learn about firing & glazing techniques and explore our in house glaze collection to put the finishing touch of your creations.
What you will learn :
- The fundamentals of throwing forms on the wheel
- Expand on your knowledge of different throwing techniques each week
- Glazing techniques & Firing
- Clay, tool Set, glazes and firing
- Bisque firing included
- Glaze firing - 5kg included, extra kgs charged at $9p/kg
What to bring:
- Apron, tea towel or small towel, short nails are your friends on the wheel.
- your creative imagination
Please note that we need a minimum of 4 people to run our courses, if we don't meet the minimum bookings we will either refund your ticket or transfer you to the next available date.
Terms & Conditions of booking please see our FAQs